(1821–84). Hungarian architect. A pupil of von Klenze and Gärtner (1839–41), he returned to Hungary where he built several houses in Budapest (e.g. Balassovits House, 57 Váci Street, Pest (1848–9)). He seems to have favoured an exotic version of the Rundbogenstil he had absorbed when in Munich, mingling it with Moorish and other elements, as in the Municipal Concert Hall, Budapest (1859–64). From 1845 to 1854 he was in partnership with Lipót Kauser (1818–77) and Károly Gerster (1819–67).
From A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture in Oxford Reference.