Italian architect. He formed a partnership with Gino Pollini (1903–91) in 1929, and, with Terragni and others, founded Gruppo 7 in 1926. He was a leading figure in Italian Rationalism. From 1934 to 1957 he and Pollini were involved in the design and extension of the Olivetti Factory, Ivrea, where Modern Movement principles were applied. Their Church of the Madonna dei Poveri (1952–4), Milan, in which themes drawn from industrial and administrative architecture were adapted to a basilican arrangement, was influential.
Blasi (1963);Kalman (1994);Savi (1980);Seta (1978)