field flattener

'field flattener' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Astronomy and Astrophysics


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

A glass plate or plates, located between the objective and the focal plane of a telescope, optically figured to correct for aberrations such as coma (see Coma, Optical) or curvature of field. On large telescopes, a field corrector is particularly important at the prime focus to give a wide, coma-free field.

Subjects: Astronomy and Astrophysics.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.