fluted point

Quick Reference


A general term applied to a wide range of chipped stone points found in the New World which are united in being of symmetrical outline, carefully manufactured, and finished with the removal of a single long parallel sided flake or flute from one or both sides. Fluted points are well represented by Folsom and Clovis points from North America.

Subjects: Archaeology.

Reference entries