Best known for his classic jukebox designs for the Wurlitzer Company in the 1930s and 1940s, Fuller emigrated to the United States from Switzerland soon after the end of the First World War. In the mid‐1920s he worked as a designer of product displays for one of the leading Chicago department stores, Marshall Field & Co. In the following decade he turned his hand to a display relating to ‘The Black Forest’ for the Chicago Century of Progress Exposition of 1933 before joining the Rudolf Wurlitzer Company two years later. He designed seventeen characteristically brightly coloured and ‘lit‐up’ Wurlitzer jukeboxes whilst chief designer (1935–1948) for the company, including the 312 (1936), the classic arch‐topped 750 Peacock and 850 models (1941), the 1015 (1946), and the 1100 (1947). He also designed an ‘Alpine Village’ display for the New York World's Fair of 1939–40. In 1949 he opened his own design office, focusing his energies on furniture and piano design.
Subjects: Industrial and Commercial Art.