Overview

Jean-Michel del Gabio

(1788—1828)


Related Overviews

Léon Vaudoyer (1803—1872)

 

More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Architecture

GO

Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

(1788–after 1828).

French architect. A pupil of Vaudoyer, he subscribed to the rational views held by his master. As Town Architect of St-Étienne, Loire, he taught at the School of Architecture there and designed the Cemetery Chapel, Abattoirs, Exchange (1820), Town Hall and other municipal buildings (1821–8), and the Prison, Corn Market, and Barracks (1823). He also restored the churches of Ste-Marie and St-Thomas.

W. Papworth (1852)

Subjects: Architecture.


Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.