Gaiety Theatre

Related Overviews

Annie Horniman (1860—1937) theatre patron and manager


Lewis Casson (1875—1969) actor and theatre director

Ben Iden Payne (1881—1976) theatre director and actor

See all related overviews in Oxford Index » »


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Theatre


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference


English playhouse, built in 1884 by Alfred Darbyshire, remodelled by Frank Matcham in 1908 to a capacity of 1,350, and demolished in 1959. It flourished under Annie Horniman's management ...

Subjects: Theatre.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.