Related Overviews


'gallet' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Architecture


Quick Reference

One of several slivers of stone, splinters of flint, spalls, or small pebbles inserted in the mortar-joints of a rubble wall to fill the gaps between stones and leave less mortar exposed. Hence galleting or garreting.

gallet Galleting with roughly squared rubble and dressed quoins with chamfered joints, at Holy Trinity Church, Waringstown, Co. Down.

Subjects: Architecture.

Reference entries