Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Transverse valley that cuts through a ridge. It is termed a water gap when occupied by a stream; otherwise it is a wind gap. It may be a relic of an early stage in the development of a drainage pattern.

Subjects: Earth Sciences and Geography.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.