gauffered edges

Related Overviews


'gauffered edges' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Bibliography


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

The edges of a text block decorated with impressed tools, a technique used in various European countries for luxury bindings from the 16th century onwards. Gauffered edges are usually also gilt.


Subjects: Bibliography.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.