(fl 1476–after 1490). German stonemason and painter. He was trained at Görlitz (1476–7) by the town architect Stephan Aldenberg (fl 1461–88). From 1480 to 1490 he worked on the impressive, stylized natural stone decoration of the south façade of the town hall at Breslau (now Wrocław; completed second quarter of the 16th century, rest. 1949–53). From 1490 to 1495 he was the senior master of the guild of masons and stonemasons at Kutná Hora, where after 1490 he worked on the façade of the Stone House (1487–1515).
From The Grove Encyclopedia of Northern Renaissance Art in Oxford Reference.
Subjects: Renaissance Art.