Overview

Gewandhaus


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

(Ger.).

Cloth hall. Leipzig's concert hall. Concerts began in Bach's time, being held in a private house, then in an inn. In 1781 they moved to the Gewandhaus, where they were given until 1885, when a new hall was built.

Subjects: Music.


Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.