Partnership established in London in 1947 by Frank Gollins (1910– ), James Melvin (1912–79), and Edmund Ward (1912–98). In 1957 it built offices at New Cavendish Street, London, incorporating one of the most sophisticated and early uses of curtain-walling in England at the time. Castrol House, Marylebone Road, London (1960), was an even more confident example of curtain-walling. The firm designed additions to the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London (1975), and was responsible for many office-buildings throughout its history. GMW Partnership (as it became) designed the St Enoch Centre, Glasgow (1988), and the headquarters of Barclays Bank, Lombard Street, London (1993).
Kalman (1994);Gollins , Melvin , & Ward (1974)