to grave

Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

To insert a new piece of timber, known as a graving piece, in place of timber which has rotted in the hull of a wooden vessel. See also graving dock.

Subjects: Maritime History.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.