'hammerstone' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Archaeology


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference


In flintworking, the block of hard stone used to detach flakes from a core. Typically a conveniently shaped pebble or rounded stone is used; battering and cracking on the ends usually betray their use as hammerstones. See also maul.

Subjects: Archaeology.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.