An observatory at an altitude of 660 m at St Michel, near Forcalquier in the Alpes de Haute Provence, southern France. It was founded in 1936 and is owned and operated by the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS). Its main telescopes are a 1.93-m reflector, opened in 1958; a 1.52-m reflector, opened in 1967; a 1.2-m reflector, opened in 1943; and a 0.8-m reflector, originally opened at Forcalquier by the Paris Observatory in 1932 and moved to OHP in 1945.
http://www.obs-hp.fr/ Official observatory website.
Subjects: Astronomy and Astrophysics.