Overview

W. Hill & Son


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Firm of London organ‐builders, later W. Hill & Son & Norman & Beard. Founded 1755 by John Snetzler. William Hill became partner in 1825, firm changing name to his in 1838. Built orgs. in York Minster, Ely, Worcester, and Manchester Caths., Birmingham Town Hall, etc.

Subjects: Music.


Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.