hinge fracture

'hinge fracture' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Archaeology


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference


A kind of fracture that occurs around the distal end of a flint flake during flint knapping when the core is mis‐struck or there are flaws in the flint. Characteristically a hinge‐fractured flake has a rounded distal end with small burrs at the tip of the ventral surface.

Subjects: Archaeology.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.