Francis (1744–89) was an architect and builder based in Warwick who created a number of buildings in the Gothick taste including the fine Church of St Mary, Tetbury, Glos. (1771–81), with its elegant piers of timber containing iron cores. He was the architect of the Classical Church of St Anne, Belfast (1772–6—demolished 1900). His father, William (c. 1712–76), and his uncle, David (1715–58), worked for William Smith whom they succeeded in business, and designed numerous works in the English Midlands. William Hiorne was the executant architect for Sir Roger Newdigate's (1719–1806) Gothick Arbury Hall, Warwicks., from c. 1748, and the brothers designed and built the Church of the Holy Cross, Daventry, Northants. (1752–8), in a Classical style. They also erected several buildings to Sanderson Miller's designs, including Shire Hall, Warwick (1754–8), and the stable-block, Packington Hall, Warwicks. (1756–8).
From A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture in Oxford Reference.