(b 1748; d 1820). English potter. He worked from 1784 to 1813 at Sheldon, Staffs, where he made red and green stoneware (notably teapots) from the clay at Bradwell Wood previously worked by the Elers brothers. From 1782 Hollins was a partner in the New hall Factory. His sons continued the business, trading as Messrs. T. & J. Hollins until 1920.
From The Grove Encyclopedia of Decorative Arts in Oxford Reference.
Subjects: Decorative Arts, Furniture, and Industrial Design.