(1831–1914). Scots architect. He practised in Glasgow from 1854, later joined by John Keppie (1862–1945) in 1885 and C. R. Mackintosh in 1904. The firm became Keppie & Henderson in 1945. Honeyman's best works include the First Pointed Landsdowne United Presbyterian Church, Great Western Road, Glasgow, with an extremely tall, thin spire (1863), Smith's Warehouse, now the Ca d'Oro, Gordon and Union Streets (with its upper façade of iron and glass—1872), Westbourne Church (1881), the refronting of the Mitchell Street façade of the Glasgow Herald Building (with Keppie and Mackintosh—1893–5), and many other fine buildings, including the Martyr's Public School (1896–8—with Keppie and Mackintosh). He published Open Spaces in Towns (1883) and works on municipal improvements and working-class housing.
From A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture in Oxford Reference.