English mason, son of Robert Janyns. He was chief mason during the building of King Henry VII's (reigned 1485–1509) polygonal tower at Windsor Castle, Berks. (1499), where he remained until 1505. He was probably responsible for the Lady Chapel at Burford Church, Oxon. (1490s), the four-centred windows of which resemble those at St George's Chapel, Windsor. He was probably in charge of the building of the Royal Palace at Richmond, Surrey, after 1497 (destroyed).
J. Harvey (1987)