(b ?Halsbach bei Polling; d Munich, 6 Oct 1488). German architect. He is first recorded in 1441, carrying out repairs to the cloisters and the choir of Ettal abbey church and building a sacristy there. He bought a house in Polling in 1447, and a meadow near Weilheim in 1453. In 1456 he is named as a juror in Murnau.
From The Grove Encyclopedia of Northern Renaissance Art in Oxford Reference.
Subjects: Renaissance Art.