(1887–1958). German-born Israeli architect. He worked on houses for Krupp at Margaretenhöhe, Essen, before the 1914–18 war, after which (1920) he emigrated to Palestine, where he was involved in planning agricultural settlements for immigrant Jews, combining Zionist ideals with elements of the Garden City movement. Indeed, he designed some 80 developments for the Palestine Land Development Company, including Ramat-Gan, Herzliya, and Bat-Yam, and about 160 kibbutzim for the Zionist organization. His design for Nahalal agricultural settlement (early 1920s) was conceived using strict geometries.
From A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture in Oxford Reference.