vicar of All Saints', Lambeth, from 1867 to 1899. He promoted reunion between the C of E and the RC Church, helping to found the APUC in 1857 and the Order of Corporate Reunion in 1877. He appears to have been secretly consecrated by a prelate in communion with the see of Rome c.1877 and took the title of Bp. of Dorchester (see episcopi vagantes). He became a RC in 1901.