(1743–1808). French architect. He was a student of J. -F. Blondel and became Clérisseau's son-in-law. With Molinos he built the dome, using timber construction, over the central court of the Halle au Blé, Paris (1782–3), by Le Camus de Mézières. This was likened to the Roman Pantheon at the time, and was greatly admired for its bold geometry. He re-sited and remodelled Goujon and Lescot's Fontaine des Innocents (1788) when the cemetery closed, and published several books, including Parallèle de l'architecture (1789).
From A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture in Oxford Reference.