[L lux, light].
Latin name for an ancient Continental god known from only one site, at the thermal spring sanctuary of Luxeuil in the Saône valley of eastern France. By his name and placement, Luxovius appears to embody a Celtic linking of light and water symbolism. His consort is Brixia or Bricta. At the same shrine is evidence for the worship of Sirona, another deity of healing springs, and a sky-horseman bearing a solar wheel.
See Émile Espériandieu, ‘Le Dieu Cavalier du Luxeuil’, Revue Archéologique, 70 (1917), 72–86.