British architectural practice, established 1972 by Sir Richard MacCormac (1938– ) and Peter Jamieson (1939– ). David Prichard (1948– ) became a partner in 1980. Among many projects may be cited the Sainsbury Building, Worcester College, Oxford (1978–83), the Faculty of Arts, University of Bristol (1982–5), Shadwell Basin Housing, Docklands, London (1984–7), the circular Fitzwilliam College Chapel, Cambridge (1989–91), the Bowra Building, Wadham College, Oxford (1989–92), the Garden Quadrangle, St John's College, Oxford (1989–93), the Cable and Wireless Building, Coventry (1990–3), Burrell's Field, Trinity College, Cambridge (1993–5), the Library Extension (1994–6) and Ruskin Archive (1995–7), University of Lancaster, the underground station for the Jubilee Line, Southwark, London (1991–9), the Wellcome Wing, Science Museum, London (1995–2000), the Tesco Superstore, Ludlow, Salop. (1999–2000), the Phoenix Initiative regeneration project, a major reworking of the city centre, Coventry (1997–2004), neighbourhood renewal, Ballymun, Dublin (1998–2003), Warwick Court, Paternoster Square, London (2001–3), a large extension to Broadcasting House, London (2001–8), the Senior Common Room, St John's College, Oxford (2001–4), and works at Balliol College, Oxford (1996–2000). MJP has won numerous awards, and its works have been widely published.
Information from MJP