Overview

Maria Laach


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

A Benedictine abbey, c.15 miles NW of Koblenz, founded in 1093. It was suppressed in 1802. The Jesuits, who had acquired the property in 1862/3, in 1892 sold it to the Benedictines of Beuron. Maria Laach became a centre of liturgical study and played an influential part in the Liturgical Movement.

Subjects: Christianity.


Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.