A mid-19th-century church hall in Notting Hill Gate in W. London bought by Ashley Dukes and his wife Marie Rambert in 1927. They converted it into a small theatre and ballet school. In 1931 the theatre opened with a performance by the Ballet Club. Early works by Tudor and Ashton were given their premieres here. It continued as a theatre until 1955.