(1856–1920). Important church architect with Ulster connections, he was articled to George Gilbert Scott Junior before setting up on his own in 1879. His work, a mixture of scholarly Gothic Revival and ingenious invention, was a link between Bodley's style and the final phase of the Revival as epitomized in the work of Moore's pupil, Giles Gilbert Scott. His buildings included St Peter's Church, Barnsley, Yorks. (1893–1911), All Saints' Church, Tooting, London (1904–6), St Wilfrid's Church, Harrogate, Yorks. (1905–14), and Pusey House, Oxford (1911–14—one of his finest and most sensitive works).
From A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture in Oxford Reference.