(fl. 1523–d. 1536).
English Freemason. Between 1523 and 1533 he worked on Bishop West's exquisite Chantry Chapel in Ely Cathedral, Cambs., a sumptuous work in which late-Perpendicular Gothic and early Renaissance (especially the vaulted ceiling) merge. Virtually all the images he carved have been destroyed, but if he and his assistant, Peter Cleyft (probably a German from Cleves), had anything to do with the architectural treatment (which seems likely), they were a remarkable team, creating one of the loveliest early C16 spaces in all England.
J. Harvey (1987)