mortice and tenon

'mortice and tenon' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Architecture


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

A mortice (or mortise) is a volume hollowed out to receive something, such as a lock or the tenon (projection at the end) of another piece of timber.

Subjects: Architecture.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.