A porcelain factory was founded in Naples in 1771 by Ferdinand IV. It used a similar paste to that utilized at the earlier Capodimonte factory and employed some of the same workmen. By the early 1780s most pieces were in the Neoclassical style and included biscuit figures and large dinner services made for diplomatic gifts, such as the Etruscan Service presented to George III in 1787, now at Windsor Castle. The mark of an N surmounted by a crown was regularly used. In 1807 the factory was sold to a French company and it finally closed in 1821.