Overview

Old Corner Bookstore


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Established in 1828 in Boston on the corner of Washington and School streets, famous under the ownership of William D. Ticknor and James T. Fields as an adjunct of their publishing firm and as a gathering place of such literati as Emerson, Holmes, Hawthorne, Longfellow, Lowell, and Whittier, so that it was dubbed “Parnassus Corner.”

Subjects: Bibliography.


Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.