Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Broadly, any camera movement along an x or y axis that is filmed from a fixed position. In film and video, a dynamic horizontal movement created by turning to the left or right while it is mounted in a fixed position. Insofar as it ‘surveys’ an area, it can also be termed a surveying pan. See alsofollowing pan; whip pan; comparetilt.

Subjects: Media Studies.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.