Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Same as gramophone and used in USA. The term was devised by Edison for his recording machine, the record or wax cylinder being called a phonogram.

Subjects: Music.

Reference entries

See all related reference entries in Oxford Index »

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.