photomultiplier tube

Related Overviews


'photomultiplier tube' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Medicine and Health


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

An electronic device that magnifies the light emitted from a scintillator by accelerating electrons in a high-voltage field. The resulting signal can be used to display the scintillations on a TV screen. Such devices are commonly used in gamma cameras.

Subjects: Medicine and Health.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.