Show Summary Details

Quick Reference


Village E of the A1, 6 m. NW of Stamford. Late in 1817 John Clare worked at Mr Clark's lime kilns, traditionally sited at the entrance to the village, W of the church: their remains can still be seen.


Subjects: Literature.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.