ploughshare twist

Related Overviews


'ploughshare twist' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Architecture


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Warped web of a Gothic vault framed by a diagonal rib and stilted wall-rib, occurring when the wall-ribs are sprung from a higher level-than the diagonal ribs, as when accommodating clearstorey lights. As the web is distorted, twisted like a ploughshare, it is also called a plowshare vault.

Subjects: Architecture.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.