Italian sculptor and designer, born at Morciano di Romagna. He studied architecture and stage design and served an apprenticeship in goldsmithery before taking up sculpture. In 1954 he settled in Milan and had his first exhibition there in 1955. His most characteristic works are large-scale bronzes, sometimes incorporating wheels, sprockets, and other machine parts. Some of his works are constructed from parts that can be arranged at will by the spectator. In 1963 he was awarded the Sculpture Prize at the São Paulo Bienal and in 1964 he won the Prize for Italian Sculpture at the Venice Biennale. There is a foundation dedicated to his work in Milan.