pot-lid fracture

'pot-lid fracture' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Archaeology


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference


A kind of thermal fracturing that naturally detaches flint flakes from parent blocks. Pot‐lids are small rounded flakes, sometimes with traces of rippling on the ventral surface; a rounded pit is the negative impression left on the parent block by the detachment of the flake.

Subjects: Archaeology.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.