pull focus

'pull focus' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Media Studies


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

A technique in cinematography of shifting focus between two subjects placed at different distances in front of the camera and filmed using a long lens that restricts the depth of field. The result is that one subject goes out of focus as the other comes sharply into focus. This creates a shifting of emphasis: for example between two characters. Compareselective focus.

Subjects: Media Studies.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.