ranging rod

'ranging rod' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Archaeology


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference


A wooden or metal pole with a point at one end, marked up in equal‐sized units (usually feet or half‐metres) painted in contrasting colours. Essentially a piece of surveying equipment, ranging rods are often used by archaeologists to provide scale in photographs of features and structures.

Subjects: Archaeology.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.