(fl 1490s–1511). German architect. He succeeded Ludwig Staffler as Master of the Works at Überlingen Minster. He was responsible for the porch on the south portal (1490–1500) and possibly also for the canopy over the Mount of Olives (from 1493). In 1504 he was appointed cathedral architect at Konstanz, and until 1511 he continued work on the towers in succession to Lux Böblinger (see Böblinger, (5)) and Stephan Waid (d 1504). Shortly before completion, fire destroyed the whole of the west end and the towers of the minster. The filigree vaults of the main porch, the Welserkapelle and the organ gallery also seem to have been made under his direction.
From The Grove Encyclopedia of Northern Renaissance Art in Oxford Reference.
Subjects: Renaissance Art.