Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

Fine lines or webs in the focal plane of an eyepiece, used for centring objects when guiding or for making angular measurements; also known as a graticule. The word implies a net or grid, but in practice a reticle may be a simple cross-wire or a series of concentric circles. The lines or the field of view are often illuminated.

Subjects: Astronomy and Astrophysics.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.