rictal bristle

'rictal bristle' can also refer to...


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Zoology and Animal Sciences


Show Summary Details

Quick Reference

A stiff, modified feather, with little or no vane, found around the gape of many insectivorous birds, possibly serving to aid the capture of food in flight. See also basal bristle.

Subjects: Zoology and Animal Sciences.

Reference entries

Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Please, subscribe or login to access all content.