roller furler

Related Overviews


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Maritime History


Quick Reference

A device that furls a sail by rolling it up around itself, usually on a luff wire, so that the crew need not lower it. A roller furler may also be used to reef a sail by rolling up only some of the sail. See also reef.

John Rousmaniere

Subjects: Maritime History.

Reference entries