The son of Marcantonio de Rossi, he assisted Bernini, notably at Sant'Andrea al Quirinale, Rome (1670s). Among his best works are the Church and Hospice of Santa Galla, Rome (1684–6—with an elliptical interior to the church), the Palazzo Muti Bussi, Piazza della Pilotta (1675), and the Collegiate Church of Santa Maria dell'Assunta, Valmontone (1686–98—with concave portico flanked by light, airy, belfries). He also designed numerous altars, funerary monuments, and chapels.
Coudenhove-Erthal (1930);Fagiolo dell'Arco & Carandini (1977–8);Hibbard (1965, 1971);Placzek (ed.) (1982);Wittkower (1982)