(fl c. 1560–c. 1570). French sculptor. He worked under the direction of francesco Primaticcio at the château of Fontainebleau in the 1560s, executing his designs for wooden and plaster sculpture and decorative stuccowork, none of which survives. Afterwards he became a member of the studio of sculptors working on the royal sepulchres commissioned from Primaticcio. Dimier attributed to him the stone decoration of putti and masks on the Pavillon des Peintures facing on to the Cour du Cheval Blanc. His only certain surviving work is the small, seated funerary genius (marble; Paris, Louvre) that he carved to Primaticcio's design in 1563–5 for the base of the Monument for the Heart of Francis II set up in the Celestine church in Paris in 1572.
From The Grove Encyclopedia of Northern Renaissance Art in Oxford Reference.
Subjects: Renaissance Art.